Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Successful Tuesday

The day started out pretty rocky for me. I didn't sleep well, had a temp of 101.6. N slept downstairs. I had to call him with my phone and ask him to bring me medication. I couldn't more. It was the combination of sinus infection, ear infection, fever, and migraine. I took a handful of pills, and went back to bed. No one woke up until 8. I felt so great and ready for the day. I was able to clean both bathrooms, strip my bed and do 5 loads of laundry. Zinnia brought her group over for coffee. They hadn't seen each other in more than 10 days. I am still amazed at how well they play together. They just get an idea and go with it. Zinnia had a work thing and left the kids here for the afternoon. With the basement out of commission, I brought out the McQueen cars and they were all entertained for the afternoon.
N came home early. We got a few things done and I headed to my job interview. I have to admit, I was a little nervous. It's been awhile. This was very casual and not stressful at all. Basically I gave a description of my experience, life to the teacher who taught the class the last two years. Mrs. G and I had already discussed all I shared. The only direct question they asked me was whether I was comfortable working in/with parents and comfortable with walking the fine line of knowing when to help or not help out with discipline. I said yes, I was comfortable. I also said I really got a lot out of my experience in a class like that and I would love to give back to someone else. I met some of my best friends in MN in a class for Three when she was 1 year old. It was great. I had a nice hour away. I made a trip to the store after. Scored some great gifts and got a sweet deal on Three's supplies. I moved slower through the grocery store, not sure exactly what I should get since we still do not know our plans for the week. I have the basics and should be ready for a camping trip as soon as N give the word.
The troops biked to Pats with N and got a pizza on their way home. They are still awake, just need to brush some teeth and say some prayers. In the end, a rather successful day compared to how it began. Last night, Seven prayed for N and I to feel better today. I am so thankful his prayers were answered.

No comments: