Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer cold

It seem so unfair to get a cold in the summer time. At first, it was hard to decide how much was allergies, etc. It's been 5 days, it's a cold. Last night I slept for 12 hrs. Completely shocked when I woke up that I had slept that long. N did too, but he kept different hours. He went to bed around 6:30 or 7 and got up at 5:30. I put the kids to bed at 8:30. They woke up this morning and went straight to the basement. I gave them Duplos last night and I believe there was serious building going on this morning. What else would keep them down there so I had uninterrupted sleep?
To top it off, I have two cold sores and a sunburn. I got the sunburn working in the driveway on painting projects. I painted these two shelves to match the book shelf in the living room. I was finished yesterday afternoon and went in to take a shower. Wouldn't you know, it started to sprinkle. I am afraid to go see how they look after spending the night in the garage. They turned out ok. They weren't the best to start with, but hey, I'm not picky.
We are supposed to start a camping adventure today. The forecast does not look good. We've camped in the rain before, so not worth the gas to get there. What do to, go and give it a shot? Or save our money and wait until next week.
After talking with N about his week off, I felt much better about the situation. I admit, him coming home and telling me he has another week in August off helped too. His work situation makes so many things seem impossible. To start with, he was to have no time off this summer. None. Then he magically got the week of our anniversary. It seemed like a golden week, one we had to do something great with. Now we have two golden weeks this summer! How lucky are we? I guess we will make the best of our first week in MI. We want to take their bikes to Mackinac Island. Have to look into the details and build Five's stamina. I think it will be a great time. He wants to go west to Ludington, MI. I am worried about traveling to a popular spot without reservations. Oh well, we will figure it out as we go. We always do.
So many summer adventures await us. We still haven't been up to Tawas yet. I want to get there sooner than later. It is my favorite spot in MI.
My attitude has changed, now if only the weather would cooperate, it would all be great!

No comments: