Monday, June 20, 2011

Schedules and happieness

Summer is here and well under way. It seems to have flown by when I look at the calendar and see the things we have planned. Last night, N came home and told me got an extra week of vacation in August. Great! Would be even better if the dates worked out with everyone else's, but they do not. So, here I am now, wanting to spend the month of August in MN, two weeks without my husband. I don't think he is keen on the idea. I am so torn. Some days I feel stuck in MI. I had to settle with living here, it wasn't a choice. Don't get my wrong, I am really enjoying living here, but it's not the same. It's hard when we can't just get in the car and go visit Grandma and Grandpa. My kids talk about them all of the time. They play such an important role in their life from so far away.

How do I ask this of N to let us go for 2 weeks? I feel selfish, but thinking of the short week in MN that we have arranged, it just doesn't seem long enough. If only I had a ride home a little earlier. So, for now these are my thoughts and this is the pickle I am in. It always comes down to trying to please everyone and someone winding up unhappy or not exactly thrilled.


No comments: