Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday

Feels like we got quite a bit accomplished today. Basement is pretty dry. Tomorrow, list for insurance. N goes back to work. Five days until his vacation. I do not want his vacation to turn into finishing the basement. Hopefully we can get it back to normal before that. We hope to build some new shelving down there.
We discovered only one tote that leaked. I think I have all wet clothing washed and cleaned. There are a couple rugs and stuffed animals to still try to clean. A box of N's flying books were ruined and a box of kids books. I took pictures of all. Tomorrow we make a list.
One scrapbook was ruined. After taking it apart, I am so thankful it was only one. More than 50 pages, I have no idea how many pictures. Five's post card collection was also wet. I laid them out, but am not sure how they will turn out.
We took a break and went to the pool. After we went to see Rio. We discovered a cheap theater. $2.50 every Thursday. Three was free! The movie did get shifted and stopped during the show, but only once. Still, a rather enjoyable experience for the right price. The kids have pretty limited theater experience. I am sure they have been to the movies less than 10 times in their lives.
The kids had a good day. They have been thrilled with moving things around and making additions to their rooms. We should have the basement figured out in time for the cousins to come and stay. They have been using their imaginations and playing more upstairs than ever before. They are already discussing what to do when Grandma and Grandpa come.
In looking at the ruined scrapbook pictures, I was left with the desire to get to our favorite camping spot. Next week, we will go to Tawas. I have waited too long to get a great summer picture. We have gone there every year, since our first in MI. I'll try to post the pictures from before. I'd also like to take them back to Frankenmuth. We have gone back, but never spent the night like we did that first summer. The kids still love it, even if we go for the day.
So tired from the surprise flood, but thankful and have much to look forward to in the months ahead.

No comments: