Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shoe Box Rummage Sale


Today kindergarten had a shoe box rummage sale. Each child was asked to bring a shoe box with items to sell in it. All items had to be priced at home. The children were also asked to bring 25 pennies. What a hit this was! Organized chaos is how one teacher described it. The kids were very proud of their boxes. They sat by their lockers and displayed their items in front of them. Each class took turns shopping and selling. The hallway was lined with little salesmen and women. They were pretty serious about their selling and purchasing. A girl told me she was closed because she sold everything. Lupcke went around and bought items from the children. They beamed when he made a purchase from them. They took turns by class, then girls only, boys only, then one side of the room, followed by the other. It was great and fun to watch. I brought Lupcke a coke from McDonald's at the end of the day. No AC in the school, everyone was roasting.
Now, the kids are in the backyard in the pool. If only someone would make supper, we'd be set for the night!
Bonus: I visited with a friend without kids around this afternoon. I think I got the smoke smell out of my clearance smokey purse, and I am steps closer to completing the teacher projects.

No comments: