Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The flood on Nuthatch Dr

What a way to ruin the week, possibly summer. My poor kids, their play area is ruined. This morning, I was bragging about getting so much sleep. Sure, I have a cold and am sick. The reason I got all that sleep was because of our basement. My children were down there, making birds out of Duplos. They had a whole bird family and two nests.
We had a wonderful day at the pool. Great family night. Wonderful start to our summer. Such fun, only to be ruined by a flood in the basement. There is no where for the water to go. The landlord could not help. Apparently it happened throughout our street. We are all in the same boat, almost literally. I think I have a pretty good idea of what is on the bottom of things, but I know I will be disappointed when I find out exactly what it is tomorrow. Example, the Thomas trains. I know the boys are past them, but they were something special and valuable I wanted to hang on to. UGH.
It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

So sorry to hear about your basement mess.