Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Sunday

We said goodbye to our priest today. He stepped in after Father Larry passed away in December. Fr. R was great. He was all about the youth and getting people involved. Many times I left mass to ponder on a thought prompted by his sermon. He inspired me weeks at a time and for that I am thankful. He will move on to a different parish in Michigan. They are blessed to have him. I got to see my friend Lavender, whom I haven't seen is so long. Poor girl was in tears today. It was a tough year for her and Fr. R was very supportive and helped her though lots. She smiled through her tears and it was good to see each other.
What better motivation to behave during mass than the promise of cake after? They were pretty good today. It was long, but great. We had cake and cookies after as a farewell to Fr. R.
A trip to the grocery store followed church. With supplies in hand, we headed home for lunch. N had to get to work. This summer mass time benefits us in that we aren't so rushed after mass to get home. On the other hand, it was hard to get up this morning. I am not a snooze person, but manged to hit it 3 times. After lunch, it was decided when N went to work, we would bike to the school. They love playing on the equipment. I can't believe some of the things they can do. Five has no trouble getting across monkey bars. I was able to catch up with Daffodil on the phone while they played. I was so glad to finally be in touch with her. I hope to talk to friends I have not heard from in awhile. Friday I was able to talk with Iris. Sure do miss her. I am looking forward to the trip to MN in August more and more. Can't wait to see the Mpls crowd this time around. We will one way or another. The new baby girl will be here by then. : )
We had to return to Pats (the grocery store in town) due to forgetting my coupon. They sent some in the mail. I put them in the glove box of the Camry so we would have them. My plan doesn't work if we take the truck. Lucky for me, the friendly neighborhood store would issue me a refund for the coupon later in the day thanks to my forgetfulness. I am glad I asked. After playing at the school, I promised them a Gatorade from Pats. We got our coupons figured out and headed home. Everyone was pleased with the afternoon. Normally, I am not the one to pull the bike trailer. It is attached to N's bike. I have a baby seat on the back of mine, I take passengers of that sort. The ride to the store was fine, but I admit it was a little more of a challenge on the ride home. Three, 4 bottles of Gatorade, 5 lbs of sugar and a couple other things were all in the bike trailer. Of course Five wanted to take the short cut through the back yard. I didn't know about pulling the trailer on the grass, I was certain I would not make it. I let the boys take the short cut and Three and I went around the long way. Wouldn't you know, Mr. C pulls up behind us wanting to know if I will pull him too. He beats us to the driveway and meets up with the boys. Seven tells me when I get to the yard that Mr. C said "there's an old lady pulling a cart up our street." Seven then informs me he told Five "She's not old." Thanks boys! They've always got my back.

No comments: