Saturday, June 25, 2011

When you're up, you're better than you were before

Happy to report today was a success. I managed to get the living room back to normal. It needs to be vacuumed, but otherwise is much improved from its condition this morning. The basement is pretty good too. N's shelves are wonderful. Two more will be even better. The entire floor needs to be washed. That will be my next job. The insurance list needs another go round. I have more pictures to load on the computer. The plastic stuff that needed to be cleaned is clean. All rugs we are keeping are clean and dry. Stuffed animals, clean and dried too. I am debating on taking the fabric off of the toy box. Maybe I can reupholster it. I am wondering about their little chairs Grandma gave them for their first birthday, do I dare try those as well?
A trip to the pool this afternoon rejuvenated all of us. I really think we need to continue on a regular basis with a year pass or something. I just feel so much better after being there. It's in my blood. Can't take the pool out of the lifeguard.
Five pushed the limits today. We played outside after the pool, cleaned the plastic toys. They saw the neighbor kids and we were out for an hour or so. We came in and I wanted them to play while I prepared their meal. They wanted a movie, I wanted that to wait until bedtime. Five asked if he could play on the computer. I said no. They played on it in the morning when N and I built the shelves. They were all quiet during my meal preparation and I wondered how many fell asleep. When they come down to eat, Seven informs me they were online at pbskids.com
Five turned the computer on himself and said they could all play. I specifically told him no and he knew better. After supper, they were going to have a piece of candy they received yesterday. I told them Five would not get any for turning on the computer. Oh the humanity! If you've met Five, you know how dramatic he can be. The rest of our meal went fine and they were in their pj's before you would know it. Movie time! I was finishing up laundry, washing the kitchen floor, etc. completing the various tasks at the end of the day. I heard the chair in the kitchen go across the room and I knew he was helping himself. Caught in the act! Needless to say, he was in his bed much earlier than anyone else. Turkey.

No comments: