Sunday, June 5, 2011

The bikes are out

I think I am really liking the Saturday mass schedule. Throughout the entire school year, we were racing out the door Sunday -- Friday, trying to get to school and church on time. We went last night to the 4:30 mass. It broke up our dull Saturday evening home alone and gave us a relaxing Sunday morning. We focused on a snack before church, then with good behavior, a trip to the movie store after. Supper was quick and the house was cool for a movie in the evening. We were to have a movie on Friday night, but that never happened. The girl was so tired, she fell asleep during the movie.
My pictures came in the mail yesterday. I am almost done with the Lupcke project, just a few more things to add. Not sure which direction to go with Thornton though. I love the book idea for Lupcke. It all just came together, but I do not have as much material for Thornton. I did not get as many participants either with the Thornton group. Lupcke, almost the entire class is participating. Parents really are more involved during the kindergarten year than later. I am still surprised at how that works out.
We took a bike ride to the grocery store this morning. The treat of the trip were letting each kid pick out a donut. They were thrilled. We have a bike trailer, which allowed us to pick up a few groceries for the week and transport them home. Gas prices are so high and biking is good for the body. Got us out the door and gave us a great start to our morning. I hope we can bike lots this summer.
The neighbor brought over a little girl bike for Three this morning. It was so sweet of them to pass it along to us. I felt bad that she has been riding the Deigo bike for so long. My plan was to get her a girl bike in the next size up. I was waiting until she was more comfortable on the smaller bike first. She has just recently started riding the Deigo bike. Last summer she would choose her trike each time. Since the neighbors were so generous to pass along the princess bike, we can pass the Deigo bike to Cousin 8. He was riding it a little while we were at their house last weekend. I wanted to leave it for him, but didn't want to leave Three without any options.
Soccer this afternoon! Both boys had games yesterday morning. They did pretty well. Seven has a game again today, it's a make up game from a rainy day. This week is our last week of school. So many things to do, all crammed into one week. Both boys have Field Day. Should be a good time. Five has a shoe box rummage sale, we are half way prepared for. My goal is to have that project complete by the end of today. Get as much done ahead of time as I can.
Enjoy this beautiful Sunday readers!

No comments: