Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First weekend away

It's our first weekend during our summer vacation. Great Grandma is in the area from FL. Tomorrow, we are off to Aunt Lilac's to BBQ. Today, I will pack. Everyone is excited because we are taking the truck there. Good thing gas went down a little. Hope the weather remains as it is, warm with a gentle breeze. This is my favorite, not too hot, but not too cold.
Today I am watching Zinnia's three while she prepares for a 10 day camping excursion. I love how easy it is for us to swap children making our prep time more beneficial. They are happy to roam around the house. They have created homes for themselves. Frequent trips between up stairs and the basement have been made. I giggle when I hear the pretend doorbell to the bedrooms.
Pancakes were a hit this morning, good thing I made an entire box of mix yesterday. The muffin prep has come to a halt, guess we will save applesauce for the next camping trip.
Laundry is in full swing, hope to have it all done by noon. Soccer tonight, it's Five's last game.
Tomorrow morning we will be off to see the cousins!

No comments: