Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday Update

Happy to report we made it back into our prayer routine last night. It was not so smooth thanks to Three and a few fits. She had a rough day. Didn't start out normal since N's alarm woke her up before 6am. She is usually the last to get up in the morning and needs all the sleep she can get. Bedtime was 7:30 because of her needs. We did get our prayers in and it was a nice end of the day. I am always amazed at what they think of during this time. Making this part of our routine keeps their minds and hearts in the right place. Their focus began on material things, Legos, Star Wars toys, etc. It turned to the food we eat, the house we live in, etc. Five always amazes me at this. I love to see the wheels turning in his little head.
Today is shoe box rummage sale day for kindergarten. We priced a bunch of items and each student gets to sell those items to each other. Each student brings 25 pennies to school and gets to make their purchases. I get to help with it, very exciting. I didn't help with this last year, Seven was eager to help get Five ready.
Wednesday is Field Day. N volunteered to help with Seven's class. They are in charge of kickball and jump rope. Last year I was talked into helping with face painting. It is always a fun day and the kids really enjoy the games. I hope it isn't too terribly hot and doesn't rain. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Happy to report, I am almost finished with the teacher gifts. Lupcke's is nearly done, Thornton's will be after Field Day. I gave a Wednesday dead line to the parents, we will see if any come to make their addition today and tomorrow. Very excited to present them to the teachers, I'll try to post a picture.
Seven is having a Fraction Pizza Party on Thursday. Sounds exciting. I guess they will discuss fractions while eating pizza. I am eager to hear all about it. We have soccer games that night, looking forward to those. Only a half dozen left and we will be done with soccer for the season.
Five has a family picnic on Friday, which I am supposed to bring a dessert to. Still have no idea what I plan to make. If you have a fabulous idea for me, email me! I am at a loss for meal planning lately. Lack of ideas or motivation, not sure which excuse I can use. Even my latest issue of Simple and Delicious did not inspire me. Maybe I am ill?
I've been invited to breakfast with some moms on Thursday morning. I only know one mom who is attending. Still not sure if I can make it yet, but would be fun to get to know more moms in the area. This might open a whole new group on connections in town. Not sure what I am searching for or what my goal is. I guess just to meet people and have an enjoyable summer. I seem to always be the one trying to bring people together. Last fall, it sort of blew up when I made an attempt to get people together. Not everyone always gets along. I think this began when I was in Germany. I met so many wonderful people there. We would meet at the fish fountain in the center of the city, then set off on an adventure for that day. We did so many things. We brought together people from countries all over the world. I do not recall many opinions or people not getting along. Maybe the fact that we were all in Germany, from other countries and wanting to explore gave us a foundation, something we all had in common right from the start. We all were seeking adventure and wanting to explore what Germany had to offer. We would go to museums, parks, beer garten, walking tour of the city, churches, and most tourist attractions or just popular places to see in Munich. I loved every minute of it. Munich is such a fabulous city. I hope to take N there some day.
Well, for now, I will be content in my little Michigan town. Enjoy the summer months, time with the kids and their dad.

No comments: