Saturday, September 10, 2011

Potluck

Tomorrow our church will have a potluck after mass. Some how, I missed this in the bulletin. Now I have to come up with a dish to pass. I am stumped. I can't think of anything simple and great to take. Bringing the rice cooker might be fun. I could put a topping in the crockpot. I'd have to cook the crockpot item prior to leaving the house, but could set the rice to cook during mass. It would be warm and done after, just in time for the potluck to start. We will see what N thinks.
A grasshopper hitched a ride with us to Zinnia's house today. He was on the windshield. The kids watched his every move our entire ride out there. He hopped off was soon as we arrived. They all played outside with the new cats. We didn't hear from them for a long time. I helped Zinnia get things crossed off her list. It was a nice afternoon.
We returned home to a quiet house. A quick dinner in the oven and we are down to the last hour and a half before bedtime. Last night, they stayed up too late. Tonight, we will be on time. Mass starts back to a normal schedule tomorrow. It will be nice not to race out the door right away in the morning.

No comments: