Saturday, September 3, 2011

In search of motivation

I need to clean my house. It's not bad, but it needs to be done and I am lacking in motivation. Washing the kitchen floor and cleaning the bathroom upstairs are the main tasks I seem to be ignoring. I have a new building idea I'd like to get done this weekend. I would like to build a trundle for under the bed. I want it to be a big square. The boys can keep their Lego's on the square and simply push it under the bed to clean up. I am not certain if I should line the bottom with fabric. Lego's are hard to pick up on firm surfaces. If I put an upholstery fabric down first, it may make retrieving the pieces easier. If I line it with fabric, I should paint the boards first. They need to be cut and sanded before I can paint. It's all about timing and organization. Plus, I still need to get N on board for the project. I intend on creating one for the girl room, too. This will not be needed until we give her the girl Lego's, which may wait until Christmas. At least we will have built the boy room trundle first and know what we are doing. Is that a fair assumption?

No comments: