Monday, September 26, 2011

How can a lot of rain disrupt your sleep?

Very early this morning, it was pouring rain outside. POURING. After last June, pouring rain leaves me in panic mode. Once it began, I could no longer sleep. Paranoid about water in the basement, I headed down there to check it out. Thankfully, there was no water in the basement. How long will it take for this fear to leave me? I believe it will stay with me until we move. I am not sure how else to shake the feeling. They did dig a trench in order to try reroute the water. This still has not given me reassurance.
With an extra early start to my day, we were on time for almost everything. Somehow we were a few minutes late for preschool. Others were just arriving at the same time we did, but I would still like to make it there by 8:45. We were only 5 minutes late. Mondays are a struggle with me being home alone with everyone. I can't leave here until the boys get on the bus. I usually can get Four in the car when the boys go out the door. We leave before the bus pulls away, thus not having to stop behind the bus multiple times. Today, we went the other way, the bumpy way. It was all good. Trying not to raise my blood pressure, I listened to a spiritual CD in the car. It was very soothing, all instrumental. I wasn't stressed about being 5 minutes late. I felt as if the entire morning was mine and just relaxed, moving from one thing to the next. My time while Four was at preschool was all to myself. I had thought I would meet up with a friend, but turns out that will happen tomorrow. I was the first customer at the craft store. I found great deals there and wonderful discoveries at the dollar store. I wandered around Target looking for a great find, but left only spending $3.11. My alone time ended at the grocery store with lunch purchased. Four was retrieved and we were off to Zinnia's to finish another sewing project.
N was home when we got here. Now to wait for the boys to get off the bus and enjoy a family evening at home. No soccer, no meetings. Just us. Nice.

No comments: