Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's a Saturday at the zoo






N got a Saturday off and we decided to meet the cousins at the zoo. The kids had a wonderful time. My favorite part, listening to all of their comments. Believe it or not, even the squirrels and chipmunks running around were highlights for our children. Not all of the cousins could make it, we missed those who had other plans. Cousin #9 has changed so much! He will be a year in November. He's starting to walk around things and I even caught him playing the piano. His little fingers could just reach the keys. So cute. He was really cooperative at the zoo. Four and Six rode in the stroller to hold his bottle for him.
Cousins #7 and #8 have grown too. #8 didn't say much for a long time. I heard quite a few words come out during our visit. He's so polite and always says thank you. He will give you a smile, the combination of that and his sweet brown eyes, look out! Cousin #7 is eager to explore everything around him. He has lots to comment on. He's a lot like his dad. He really was interested in spending time with N. He associates me with food, as I am always the one with snacks. This is a role I am familiar with. Different friends children have given me that role in the past. It's great!
Seven and Cousin #5 were inseparable. They are good buddies and get along very well. Cousin #5 rode with us from the zoo to their house. I loved his comments while he was in the back seat with our boys. Some of his words were very different than we normally hear. Nothing too terrible, but you can tell he has teenage siblings. He was not impressed with our Leapsters. I heard him say "the graphics on here are terrible." I am not sure my kids know what graphics are. Anyway, it was interesting to be in the front seat and listen. They are great friends.
Four and Cousin #6 were holding hands throughout the zoo. They played nicely together at the house and slept in the girl room alone. Cousin #4 and Cousin #3 were away at birthday parties. We didn't get to see them. Cousins #1 and #2 were working and met up with us after the zoo. They are always fun to be around.

No comments: