Friday, September 9, 2011

Football Fans

This weekend I am told is the opening football weekend. Tonight, we went to the HS for a cancer fund raiser before the local football game. Turns out we should have gotten there earlier. They were just closing the bounce house when we walked up. Six started to cry. The lady felt bad and said they could run in and go down the slide once, but her husband was pulling the plug so they had to hurry. They ran and went down once. Of course, this did not sit well with Six and he was starting to throw a fit. Just when he was about to get difficult, we run into Mrs. L, his teacher! I've never seen that boy turn his attitude around so fast! He had to save his reputation. We got snow cones and played a couple games. Four got her nails painted. Six won a free oil change and got a baseball cap from the car dealership. Ivy was over before the events for pizza. We talked about staying for the game, but in the end, we came home. I didn't know for sure how much it cost. We have never gone to a game before. I didn't want to pay to get in, sit down and have my kids want to leave. Seven would have been fine, as would possibly been the case for Six. Four is the wild card. I don't think she would have wanted to stay. By the time we came home, I was completely exhausted anyway and thankful to be done for the night. They had a snack and got their pj's on. They decided to have a movie night and I promised to let them stay up until 9 o'clock. One hour to go til bedtime. Tomorrow, we have a soccer game for Seven in the morning. A trip to the park planned for the afternoon. I predict a quiet night at home for the evening. Hopefully it is all successful.
We live down the street from the football field. I can hear the cheers and band. It's almost like we're there anyway. Go Falcons!

No comments: