Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ode to the first day of school


The back packs are loaded. The mom is up early. To school they go, hopefully not in a hurry. Waffles and bacon were requested for the menu, we want to start them off right.
Two eggs in addition, yolky the condition.
Change in the weather, they will need a sweater.
Lunch money in, along with all supplies.
Hot lunch on the first day is the plan to my surprise.
I wish them well, I wish them fun. I wish them a great day ahead.
It's the first day; the only one.
They'll never have another first day, quite like this.
Second and First Grade!
Getting off the bus is something I don't want to miss.
Four and I will follow them to school, take pictures on the front lawn.
It's become my first day rule.
Go Seven! Go Six! Make lots of friends and have a great time!
We'll be waiting here just fine.
We'll see you after school, home with stories and tales.
Maybe some homework? You'll finish without fail.
Best part of my day, all children home for the night.
Preparation for tomorrow and hope you sleep tight.

No comments: