Wednesday, September 7, 2011

On the soccer field

Today was Seven's first soccer practice. We wandered around the fields in search of his coach. Turns out, he was the coach right in front of us. I wasn't expecting girls to be on the same field. The coach has three teams, two U8. They are boys and girls who will practice at the same time. Seven was eager to get playing. He is on the same team as some boys he knows. There are girls he will practice with that he knows, too. Six and Four came with to the practice. My friend Verbena has a son Seven was in kindergarten with. We were surprised when they were put on the same soccer team this fall. Verbena and I chatted in her van during practice. She put in a movie for Six and Four. They were so pleased. After practice, we walked to the car and I asked Seven what he thought. Slightly out of breath and red in the face, he beamed at me and said "I loved it! All of it!" What a boy!
I wish I could say the rest of the night went as well. The end was a struggle. With homework still to do, snacks, projects, the last hour was tough. Tomorrow will be different. We will do homework right away. We will not have projects do do the last hour. We will make it easier and things will run smooth.
On the other hand, the day was fantastic. N and I took Four to the outlet mall shoe shopping. We found two pairs of shoes for Four $40. We found a pair for each boy for $20 together. I had a coupon for -$20. We hit great deals at the Carter's store. I went in with the intention of getting Four a pair of footie pajamas. Instead, we came home with three night gowns, two fleece and one knit. They were $3.99 each! We also got leggings, shirts, and a sweater. While I was there, a woman asked me if I wanted her extra 20% off coupon. Jack pot! We went home with a bag full of clothes for $49.00. Four was as happy as could be. She tried everything on when we got home. We even called Orchid to describe the new shoes we found to go with the dress Orchid mailed Four for her birthday. I love watching Four talk to Orchid on the phone. She's so proud. Tonight, Six shared with us that he wished Baby Orchid lived closer to us. But not G & G. His reasoning was if they lived closer, we wouldn't get to go to hotels on our way there. The things kids think of.

No comments: