Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday is the day to bake

Four and I started Christmas cutouts today. I know, it may be early, but cutouts are a lot of work. The recipe I have from my grandmother is the best. Four and I cleaned out the deep freeze in search of butter. We found cutouts from last spring. They tasted great today. I will freeze our Christmas cutouts and frost closer to the holiday. We hand out our treats before Christmas anyway. I like to make quite a few different types of cookies and treats. They all take time. I really love this time of year and the variety of things I get to make. We will try new frosting techniques this year with the cutouts. It's something we saw in the last issue of Simple and Delicious. Butter is on sale this week. We did find two packs at the bottom of the freezer, but I will still purchase more.
We were stuck at home today due to another commitment of mine, couldn't really leave the house much, why not bake.
More kids are coming home from school sick. It's just a matter of time. I hope it doesn't wait until our drive to MN. We have done that before, it's no fun. Parent teacher conferences are coming up. I think we figured out those plans.
Four is whining upstairs, I think it's bedtime.

No comments: