Sunday, November 20, 2011

Not much to report

We had a relaxing weekend at home. N went to work, kids and I entertained ourselves. I did get more things organized. The house is close to complete. Emptied out more closets, de-cluttered kids rooms one more time. I do have a stack of scrapbooks ready to be put away. I enjoyed the smiles and stories I heard from my children when looking at them. Made it all worth it to have created the books. Sad that I don't do it anymore. Just got too expensive. I have switched to online books. They get the job done. I print two to three a year and can include all I need from whats happened in those books. I just ordered a new book and can't wait for it to get here.
Life is different having readers and spellers in the house. Six seems to have taken a new interest in spelling lately. I've heard k-i-s-s-i-n-g lately, more than I imagined. When we ask him a question his answer is y-e-s. Keep up the good work Six!
Church was great. Fr. B is fabulous and gets everyone to wake up and excited. I really enjoy our family time at church. Once again, I've gotten to know more people there. I am coordinating the games and crafts for our St. Niklaus party in a few weeks. I met some new moms who teach the older kids. We plan to have the older kids run the games for the little kids at the party. Should be a good time and hopefully not too painful for teenagers. They need a service project anyway, hopefully leading kids in games will be fun for them.
I took the kids to two playgrounds in town today. They needed to get some energy out. It wasn't too cold and they had fun. We cleaned out the freezer this past week. I discovered an excessive amount of Popsicles. They need to go. I let each kid have two after our park trip. We'll have a lite supper tonight closer to bedtime.
Today has been a pretty good day for behavior. They played well together and have created many projects. There has been a large dent in my scotch tape and staples supply, but possibly worth it for the quietness. They are currently working on projects for Uncle T for his birthday. I am sure we will be late in mailing it with the holiday. He will forgive us, he's just that great of a guy.
What a busy week ahead! Four has a thanksgiving brunch tomorrow, Six will have something similar on Tuesday. Wednesday we will go visit family and Thursday will be turkey day! Friday, we will recover at home together. Looking forward to all of it, hope I can keep up.

No comments: