Tuesday, November 1, 2011

All Saints Day Tuesday




We celebrated All Saints Day at RE tonight. We brought St. Peter, St. Theresa and St. Francis of Assisi. It was fun and the kids seemed to have a good time. I was surprised at how excited they were to be saints. They marched around the church for a parade and parents handed out candy. They sang "When the Saints go Marching in." It was fun to see them enjoy themselves so much.
Today was a busy day for me. Toucan can Tuesday was today. The children are asked to bring in 2 cans to be turned in for money. Cans are returnable for 10 cents in MI. The money collected each week will go to buying new books in the Media center. Today we collected $30.00 worth of cans. Not as much as last week, but it was the day after Halloween. That was when school began, then I got my haircut and had a Dr. apt. During my apt. they called me in to sub. 2nd Grade for the day! Seven goes to specials with this class. The kids all thought it was hilarious I was his mom. I got to chat with his teacher, she is ever so sweet. Home for a quick supper and homework, we were off to church before we knew it. They are currently enjoying each others company, almost ready for bed. What a day!

No comments: