Tuesday, November 29, 2011

He fixed the truck!

Last night was one of those moments where N blew me away. Something was wrong with the truck. It's an old truck. We picked it up in MN fairly cheap last spring. We pulled my grandfather's old boat to MI with it. Who wants an old truck to turn into a money pit? Not us. Don't ask me what was wrong, he's told me twice and I still can't remember. The same thing was not working before and fixed by a MN mechanic, but became broken once again. He thinks maybe that was a bad part. Who knows.
Alas, it's Christmas, no one wants to put money into a vehicle this time of year. My engineer took it upon himself to figure it out. The part cost $50. Last time he paid much more than that to a very reasonable mechanic. Who knows what he would have been charged this time around.
Last night we were at RE. I was tired. Spending the evening hauling my kids up there, teaching 10 kids religious ed, then hauling my kids home at 7:45 was exhausting. In the parking lot, who drives up but my White Knight! At least that's what it felt like to me. He fixed the truck and came to rescue me, his exhausted, pregnant wife. Everyone smiled when they saw him, we all felt the same. It was a great moment, one that carried over to the rest of our night. Kids were in bed a little later, but it was alright considering they needed baths and such.
I am proud of him for figuring it out on his own. I would never be able to tackle such a project and know many others who would not even try. Hopefully that's it and we'll be ready for our drive to MN in just a few weeks! Kids are so excited. We found a new hotel to try with water slides. It's going to be a great Christmas!

No comments: