Thursday, November 3, 2011

These kids on a Thursday

This week has been a little tough. The behavior was not desirable. I believe it to be the after effects from Halloween. Days with care free games, candy and fun are done! Today, I got a new plan. It just came to me after supper. I was tired, N was tired. N cooked, I agreed to clean. With all this energy running around me, I decided to put it to work. Yup. They each got a job. I had Seven washing dishes. Four loves to wash dishes, but I think Seven needs to learn how to wash dishes. He only needed to wash four things and they were not very dirty. He did a great job. He also wiped down all the chairs and bench.
Six has been on the loud side these days. He blows up when slightly frustrated or irritated. He kicked Four tonight when she was about to tattle on him. He was the loudest during our clean up program. He picked up the disaster in the living room, with much protest. I believed since he was so loud he only deserved half of his reward. It is still in the works.
Four picked up everything I asked, no protest. She washed the table, counter tops and stove. She is a great helper. Zinnia put her to work on Tuesday while I subbed at the school. They took out all her kids Halloween clothing out of their drawers.
Four was tired today. I had to wake her up to run errands this morning. She was a little frustrated towards the end of the errands. We went home and found N. He shared with us that there was a potluck at the tower, would we like to go? Sure. Too bad it started in 20 minutes, not enough time to bake anything. We picked up some cookies and went to meet the co-workers. It was nice and fun. We had never been to the tower before, nor had we met any co-workers. They are a funny group with a great sense of humor.
Tomorrow is Friday, the start of the kid weekend. No real plans yet, who knows what might come up.

No comments: