Friday, November 18, 2011

Bake Sale Friday

It's bake sale day! Excited kids will bring dozens of baked goods to school today. Parents will pull them out on to tables and separate. One by one, classrooms come down the hall and students are allowed to make the biggest decision of their day, pick four things from the table. Eyes are big and children are happy.
I am thrilled to report the garage did get cleaned up yesterday after school. Bikes are in the basement for the winter. Now if we can just haul the boat to Lilac's thanksgiving weekend, we will be in good shape. I forgot three things on the front porch that need to be brought in still. Other than that, we are ready for the snow. Yesterday it snowed, but nothing stayed on the ground. The neighbors returned and shared some snowy tales from their travels. I believe the snow made them drive further south. They went through 22 states in one month. What a pair they are! Turns out MI has the worst roads ever. I knew that before they left. N had I have been to quite a few states, just not in the same month.
Still have every intention of baking and getting organized this weekend. Next week will be busy. I'm trying to find a way to squeeze in a movie with a new friend, but am not having much luck. Thanksgiving kind of changes things a little. Normally, I would be free on a Wed or Thurs afternoon. Not next week. Mon and Tues are thanksgiving celebrations for two of three kids. We also have parent teacher conferences. We will go, eventually.
Not sure why I am up so early today. I may need a nap later after the bake sale. Oh I hear movement. It's too early for any other people in this house to be awake.
We needed to get some birthday gifts together and in the mail this week. I also need to get creative and figure out what to bring to the cousins. I hope to leave Wed morning. Kids are excited to see the cousins. We haven't seen them since the zoo trip in Sept. N's parents left for FL today. A cousin is getting married this weekend. Rumor on the street is the cousins got a rabbit. I am not sure if its in the house or where it lives. Should be interesting and cause me to come home with kids wanting more than fish in the house. A trip to Daisy's inspires that need thanks to her guinea pigs and dog. The guinea pigs are sort of sweet. While cleaning her house I took a look at them. Usually they are sleeping when we've been there in the past. When fed, they take their carrot and run into their little house. I was so happy to help Daisy out with her house. One might think certain jobs could be more dull than others, but the job that probably disturbed me the most was cleaning the mat under the dogs dish. I am not used to dogs. It was slightly slimy. Kind of grossed me out. Not full of slime, just a corner. Anyway, I'm not much of an animal person anymore. Never thought that way of myself. Guess after three kids and bad allergies, animals seem fun, but only when they belong to someone else. Or I should add, in the right setting or environment. Renters of duplexes aren't really set up for animals. I would want a nice spot for them and a fenced in area or land for the animal to roam and have space. That is not possible for us for now. My kids really want a dog. I am thankful when we go to Zinnia's and they get exposure to animals. Not that she has a farm, but her dog is really nice and good with the kids. This summer they got two kittens. The kids treat them like babies, Four loves holding them. The cats are grown now, but still let the kids carry them like a baby. It's sweet and fun for the children. I'd love a cat, but again, the allergy thing is a problem. Cleo doesn't bother me too much when we go to Orchid's house, but I can't touch her or sit where she has been.
On to a fun Friday!

No comments: