Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Wednesday Agenda

Four was so kind, climbing in my bed at 5:30 am. This is the second morning in a row, it cannot become a habit.Yesterday, N was up early and I thought that was the reason she was up so early. Today, I have no one to blame. She goes back to bed for another hour or more. The problem is that I am awake after her arrival. I cannot go back to sleep. Thus, I am awake an entire hour ahead of schedule.
N wants a day off. Today is the day. He wants to go fishing, but it is supposed to rain most of the day. Sorry. Tomorrow, I his assistance. The boys need to be out the door this morning, promptly followed by the girl. Sweet Pea will be with us. We need a few groceries and I have a book to return to the library. I wanted to get a haircut, but perhaps I can fit it in tomorrow morning instead.
The pumpkin festival is this week and we have yet to pick up pumpkins. Both boys want to paint pumpkins and enter them in the competition this year. This is our second year attending the pumpkin festival, but would be our first time entering pumpkins. We will see how they turn out. N has never been to the festival with us. He is usually at work. It will be fun for him to get to see what it is all about. There is the competition for best pumpkin in each grade level, followed by a magic show and cider donuts.
Cider donuts are big in MI. I have no memory of seeing or tasting them in MN. Fresh apple cider is also a big deal this time of year. Seeing everyone's pictures at pumpkin patches on FB makes me want to venture off to one sometime this week. We did not go last year, but did our first October in MI. Maybe that will be on the schedule for the weekend? Perhaps if N has a schedule change. Otherwise we will have to wait until next week. Tonight, we will be painting pumpkins.

No comments: