Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Standing out at Six

Tonight during RE class, Daisy and I asked the six year olds who or what they wanted to pray for. We handed them small squares of green paper, green because it's ordinary time. Of course, not all six year olds are completely confident with their spelling. We discussed different people they could possibly want to pray for. I wrote them down on the chalk board. The children were doing very well, coming up with all sorts of people to pray for. Six says the word "baby." Some of the other kids giggled at him. It didn't seem to bother him that they kind of teased him about wanting to pray for a baby. I believe the baby he was praying for is baby Orchid, but I am not certain. I was proud of him for speaking his mind and not feeling intimidated. Way to go Six.

No comments: