Friday, October 14, 2011

Cookies, bars, brownies, and treats; Oh my!

Today was the second grade bake sale. It was a great day to be at the school. The children's faces are priceless. Eyes as wide as can be when they come down the hall and see five tables pushed together, full of treats. Everyone gets to pick four items. The principal emailed me second grade earned $380.00 + $30.00 of items sold at the HS. The classes get to use the money towards a field trip or new books. The money stays with the class who earns it. There were many neat Halloween treats. the most unique, a glove filled with popcorn and candy corn in place of finger nails. Yikes! There were also brownies with chocolate fingers and eyes inside. Many rice krispie treats and bags of puppy chow were very popular. It was fun and the kids had a great time.
They needed subs today desperately. I would have done it, but Sweet Pea returned to our house this morning. N and Four watched her while I was at the bake sale. I had no one to watch her later in the day. I could not have stayed anyway, I have a headache today. Hoping it will go away.
Today with Sweet Pea has been good. She played with Four and ate really well. She even drank from her sippy cup! First time! She smiled and babbled too. I think we will get along fine the rest of our time together. It was a rocky start, but will turn out great. Well, my time is up. She's starting to fuss.

No comments: