Thursday, October 13, 2011

The journey home

The Camry brought us back, yet again from another long trip to Minnesota. I have begun to call it the clown car. That is how I feel as we all peel ourselves out of it. With so much stuff on a road trip, it tends to feel even more full.
Kids say the darnedest things. There were many comments throughout our trip where N and I chuckled. Four's favorite thing we did was getting to pick out clothes for Baby Orchid. She wanted to be with Baby Orchid as much as possible. She even gave up rides at the MOA to shop with Baby Orchid. There was much concern with us leaving early in the morning, would we get to say goodbye to Baby Orchid? We did and everyone was happy.
Upon leaving town, Uncle DV gave us a CD to listen to. We were slowed down in some traffic through Mpls and St. Paul, but not too bad. His songs were pleasant. These are the Dave's I know has become a favorite. Six didn't enjoy a Beatles song because it mentioned Love too many times. Seven seems to be too big to sit in the middle anymore. His legs are huge and he stretched them out into the front seat many times. He serves as the peacekeeper by being in the middle. We may have to enforce new rules and put Four in the middle. We read books, played games and watched movies. Believe it or not, they were very impressed with Lonestar DVD's from Grandpa J. Well, I should say the boys were impressed, not so much for the girl. She surprised me with her skills on Angry Birds. She's pretty good. The Ipad came in handy, but I don't think we are maximizing it to its full potential. I need to learn from someone who has downloaded different games and activities. Maybe I'll get it figured out by Christmas?
We brought Daffodil cards for her birthday. Right away, she knew of two events coming up where she needed a card. So glad to help her out. I also heard some feed back on Lovies. A baby we gave one to is loving it. She wanders around the house holding on to the loops. A grandmother that bought two Lovies was so happy with them. I'm anxious to hear what the mother thinks.
Other than that, we are back to normal. Sweet Pea will join us tomorrow. It's the 2nd Grade bake sale tomorrow! Very exciting. I have to come up with treats tonight. Seven has been begging for Rice Krispie treats. Maybe we can give them a Halloween twist?

No comments: