Monday, October 17, 2011

Daffodil

Happy Birthday to Daffodil! She's been a part of my life for many years. We met when our parents decided to carpool to preschool. Thrilled we were able to see her during our quick MN trip. Hoping to get another visit in at Christmas. We used to play every day during the summer together. She would come over with KO, her little brother. My mom would take us to the beach swimming or to girl scout camp. We had sleep overs playing Girl Talk and put curlers in our hair. We danced to Debi Gibson in the dark with flashlights. She always sent me a daffy gram for my birthday. I planned a surprise birthday party for her once at the local pizza place. We walked over there after church. She planned my 21st birthday during our college years. We both traveled abroad first of our group of friends in HS.
On a serious note, we were almost kidnapped together. Strange event in our neighborhood. I never heard of it happening again. Some guy drove up next to us, patted the seat and motioned for us to get in. We turned around and ran home. Later, the police came and drove us through town looking for the car. Never saw it again.
It amazes me how we have been able to stay in touch over the years. She was in my wedding. She is Godmother to Six. She was my first best friend. I am blessed to have so many wonderful memories and years with her in my life.
Happy Birthday, Daffodil! Wishing you a fabulous day!

No comments: