Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sundays Mother Daughter Brunch/Boys Day

Mothers and daughters have such a treasured relationship. Today, we attended the annual mother daughter banquet at our church. Great food, great company. Zinnia and girls joined Four and I. A friend of Zinnia's came with her girls too, along with Zinnia's MIL. Four was as sweet as can be. Zinnia's Appy won a Birds of Paradise plant. We were so proud she was the winner. You should have seen her sweet face. It was a great moment to be a part of.
After, Zinnia took the girls to her house to find the boys. They were having their annual "boys day." They did this last year and had a great time. They did feel cheated on their time when the girls showed up early, but the rubber band guns made up for it. Mr. D is great. He came up with a project in the wood shop for "boys day." They drew out a design for him. Most designs were the same, but I am sure it helped in the process. They even painted their guns and personalized them. It was a great afternoon. I don't know what I would do without Zinnia and Mr. D. They let us tag along at their house. We have a great time and they have made life so much easier on me. The weekends used to be long, boring and depressing. It's hard when N works on weekends and everyone is off doing fun family activities. Sure we do fun things ourselves, but it gets lonely weekend after weekend. Each time we stay busy with Zinnia's group, it leaves me with a positive attitude. In turn, I'm a better person, better mother. Like I said, I don't know what I would do with out them. Best Michigan friends I could ever ask for.

No comments: