Friday, October 21, 2011

Fridays Chicken Enchiladas

After such a busy day yesterday, I was exhausted today. Sweet Pea seemed to be exhausted too. She took two long naps, well long for her record. I made chicken enchiladas with green sauce while she slept and N took Four to her field trip at the apple farm. It was a nice, hot lunch when they came in from the cold. I love chicken enchiladas. Haven't made them for a very long time.
We didn't leave the house all day until the boys were home. They requested movie night. We haven't had movie night for awhile. A trip to the movie store and a promise of pizza put everyone in a good mood. They were full of energy. The oldest was teasing the youngest over and over for about an hour. I think they finally have it out of their systems. The boys brought home their school pictures. I can't believe how grown up they look. I wish I had ordered more. They turned out really nice. I only got the most basic package. Four had pictures taken too, but they are not back yet. Of course hers cost much more than the boys. I look at the pictures and am still in shock to have a first and second grader. Since attending the school, the second graders seemed so big. Now I have one. He's the sweetest, most considerate boy I could ever ask for. Six has grown a lot since this summer. He's into a bigger size of clothing. He seemed to have stayed in 5's forever. This week, he branched out by wearing new pants! They weren't part of his regular favorites. There are still two pairs in the rotation that are looking a little small. He has more clothing than anyone in this house. Glad he made some wise choices and agreed to the new pants.
We have the class monkey home this weekend. Not really what I expected. What are we going to do with him? I used all my great ideas on Mr. Bear. The monkey is Mr. Coco. I guess if you get enough tickets, you can win him when everyone is done. We have no plans for the entire weekend. Great. Why do we get the animal on boring weekends? This is what happened last time. I am sure we will figure something out. We already took his picture at the movie store.
I fell asleep during Grey's last night. I'm too tired in the evenings. Can't stay up late anymore. N will be home late. I usually stay up for him, but fear that won't happen tonight.

No comments: