Sunday, July 24, 2011

Who wants to be the dog?

When we were little, my siblings and I used to play with family friends. We would play house and K always wanted to be the dog. This was a joke among the adults. I did not learn about it until many years later. Today while working on a project, I observed my children playing house together. This was slightly different from the house of my childhood. The kids were using dolls to Three's doll house. I believe Thomas trains were also in the mix. Five begged to be the dog. They tried talking him into being a baby. He responded with "I am always the baby, can't I be the dog?" Seven "Then you can't talk." Five "Remember, you can put a talking collar on me!" They all agreed. Next, there was a squabble over the car. It's pink and belongs to Three. Five worked his little negotiation skills and got to drive her around. Later, she did take the car from him, but it was all peaceful in the end. No fighting, no crying, no whining. Just great play time together.

Getting ready for bed, Three came into the room to inform me "Mom, I have pants on." Approved night time wear, she then held her hands down on part of her shirt and pants and says "These go together." She is all ready for bedtime. Movie in and they will be to bed shortly after. Bonus, its a short movie too!

No comments: