Sunday, July 3, 2011

P-R-O-D-U-C-T-I-V-E!

The word of the day is productive. I was very productive today. First, we made it to church on time. Our new priest starts on time. Second, I got a lot accomplished today. I was able to get half the basement washed. It was a big job. Tomorrow I hope to finish. We really need carpet down there. I am so sad about that. It took forever to get a free piece. I don't know if I have the patience. We looked at remnants at Menards. I don't think he will go for it. We will see. I am anxious to get it back together. The kids need the area to play. They won't be as comfortable without something other than concrete.
We set up the loft bed we acquired in the Boy Room. The boys were thrilled. It turned out to be more of a project than N bargained for, but we have happy boys in the end. Happy boys is all that counts, right?
I varnished a shelf for the kitchen and a twin bed for Three's room. N made new boards for the sides. We will have room for two guests in her room now. It will remain that way through the summer. She is so thrilled to have another bed for Grandma.
Other accomplishments recently, cleaned the fridge and freezer! I love going in there now. It's so nice and clean. The laundry from camping is nearly complete. Just have sleeping bags left.
We got some organizing in the garage done today. That was a BIG job. Thanks to the neighbors parting with a shelf, we finally organized his tools. I have been waiting all summer to get that job done.
Hopefully tomorrow we can set up the bed and maybe finish the shelves in the basement. We will be looking pretty good with all that accomplished!

No comments: