Sunday, July 3, 2011

"Freeland, my home." "Here we go."

We welcomed the new priest to our church today. Second week in a row to have cake after mass, the kids were thrilled. He was full of energy and jokes, getting everyone awake in their seats. The things he shared today hit home with me. Not only did we get to sing the Servant Song, but he talked about moving and change. Boy, do I know a thing or two about that. He was fun and inspirational, leaving me looking forward to next Sunday.
I was able to catch up with a couple people after mass. I have not seen them for awhile. Great people whom I wish I saw more frequently. Summer has everyone going their own directions.
Fr. B ended his mass with the title of this entry. I wish I would have had that positive attitude when I made Freeland my home. Granted, Fr. B only came from the next city away, but still change is forever difficult. I am making peace with my move to MI. It's only taken me more than two years, but the peace is coming. My heart still breaks that we are not closer to my family. That feeling, I am afraid, will never go away. After moving here, I wanted it to be only temporary. I saved all my moving boxes and was ready to load another truck, just say the word. Two years later, I feel selfish thinking like that. It would be selfish of me to want to pick up and move again. What would it do to my kids? Seven has lived in seven different homes in his seven years of life. Is it right to move children around that much? Maybe you can get away with it when they are young. The older they get, the more challenging that becomes. It's not just the kids themselves, but the relationships we all have established. This thought came to me when someone mentioned spending the night at a friends house. While I am no where near ready for that chapter to begin, there is something to be said about the relationships I am establishing now and learning who I would let my kids spend the night with in the future.
Ok, on to the tasks I need to accomplish this week. I have so many projects and jobs hanging there, I need to get moving and get some done. Execute, execute, execute has to be the theme for the day!

No comments: