Saturday, July 30, 2011

Having it together

You can plan and have everything ready to go. No matter how much you have figured out, in the end surprises can sneak up on you. N had the late shift last night. He was slightly fired up when he got home and was not ready to go to bed right away. I had waited up for him, but could not stay up any longer. My plan was to get up with the troops and take them to Yale, MI to the Bologna Festival. We went last year and had a great time. Nathans aunt, uncle and cousins live in Yale. It's where Great Grandma B used to live.
As tired as I was, I still was up before 8am. No one wanted cereal, eggs were on their mind. Made everyone an egg sandwich, cleaned up the kitchen, showered and we were ready to go. We would have been out the door by 9:15 am if it weren't for the car battery.
It is now 10:18. N is off to get us a new battery. The water gun fight doesn't start until 2:30, followed by the tractor pull at 4 and the parade at 6:30. We will see how this battery progress goes. I am not daring enough to go with the battery we have. Call me a wimp, but Flint makes me nervous. There are shady characters everywhere, but we've experienced some at a gas station along the way to the cousins. It seems its best to just stay on the freeway and not stop in the Flint area.
We will see what the rest of our day holds.

No comments: