Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good things come to those who wait



It's an old saying, we all use it. Who knows where the original source is, but it describes patience. I have been waiting to purchase some new bins for our house. They are so very over priced and I try to wait until I have a coupon. Some time ago, I got two brown bins. I really wanted red, but they did not have bins in red. I settled for two brown bins and came home. Just last week, I made a trip back to the store with Three. We came upon a red bin. A perfect bin. Large enough to fit many items, tall enough to use the entire space on the shelf, sturdy enough to be large, strong and not collapse. I was so thrilled with this red bin, but unhappy that I could only find one. We made another trip around the store and found another bin! This was great, but the price, not so much. $12.99 for one bin. Red was my original plan. They had some spots inside, nothing serious, could be wiped out and dusted. I asked at the counter if they had anymore. She said no, but she could give me an extra 10% off. That was fine with me. When she rang them up, turns out they were half off! In the end, I got the exact bins I wanted at half the price. I am convinced I need to stay patient and will get more bins again in the future. I would like to find two more red bins for the top of this shelf. I have two shelves in the living room where I can put four brown bins. Three got a new shelf in her room, we need three cube bins in there. I shall continue to have patience and wait for the right time to bring home the bins.
Bonus: I found this plate that day too. I wanted to bring more red in the kitchen. We can't paint any walls, leaving everything white. I try to bring out color one piece at a time. Love the new plate as well. It was a great shopping trip with Three.

No comments: