Monday, April 2, 2012

Tired, yet awake

I believe this baby girl and my body are just trying to prepare me for the weeks to come. Too many nights in a row, I've been up, wide awake at 4 AM. I even got in the shower this time to try to relax more. It's working, I may fall over any minute now.
The name situation has be up tonight. I think I have a name I love, but I am not sure how to spell it. I decided to channel my literary connections and ask some opinions. We will see what they say.
We had an uneventful April fools day. For some reason, my boys thought it wasn't until Wednesday. Not sure where they got that idea, it almost sounded like someone had played an April fools joke on them.
They are enjoying their time off. This week is spring break for them. Saturday, they were in their pj's all day long. Sunday, we went to church and came home for lunch. They played the afternoon away together until N came home. With a quick trip to the store for milk and cheese, our night was complete. I put chicken breasts in the crock pot. We had a spread of toppings, rice and beans. Everyone made their taco or nachos their own, personal way. It was nice, no complaining, but messy. I was tired. N was tired. I started the meal, he finished. The kids cleared the table and had ice cream for a treat. Team work is the name of the game. Why should one person do it all? It worked out well. I had enough energy to really clean up once they were done with their little jobs.
We Skyped with Baby Orchid. She is just the prettiest little thing. I can't wait to see her in person. You just want to reach through the monitor and squeeze her. She's lovin Patty cake now and stares at the kids when they sing to her.
Today's plan, coffee with the neighbor and hopefully some baking. I want to get a raspberry swirl coffee cake in the oven this am, along with some banana bread. Can I get it done before she arrives? We will see. This afternoon we will decorate Easter eggs and make up a meal or two for the freezer. Monday will fly by, I just hope I can keep up!

No comments: