Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday night and N is back to work

I'm flying solo tonight for the first time with four kids. It was great to have N home for so long. The kids enjoyed their time with him. I know he enjoyed the slower pace. It will be tough to go back to busy, busy. He took all three kids to Four's field trip today. It was at a farm and petting zoo of some sorts. They were there slightly longer than planned and had a great time. Of course when they came home, all they had on their minds were garage sales. We went to a few, but I am afraid I did too much walking. I carried her car seat into the car once too. Not the best plan. Just when I feel great, something like that reminds me I gave birth less than two weeks ago. I felt so good and healed after, I have to pace myself better. Baby Girl was up quite a bit last night. I am at a loss how to turn this around. She seems to sleep all day. She's awake and wanting to explore, right when I am exhausted. I don't know how to keep up. I try to wake her up during the day, but she won't stay awake. Speaking of, there is a squeak from the bassinet. The Walleye Festival wasn't quite like the others in the past. I knew it wouldn't be. There were quite a few houses I looked for to go to, only to discover they were not having a sale this year. I had gotten some great books from two houses near the school last year, but no luck today. I didn't get anything for myself this year. The kids found various treasures. Some I wasn't exactly thrilled with, but oh well. Pick and choose my battles. If it keeps them entertained all weekend in the basement, I guess I am thankful. I think Six spent the most money. I didn't find any clothing items for Four like I'd hoped. I found a few thing for Baby Girl. I got some more Swaddle Me's from the Halo company. We have two, one from our hospital and one from Baby Orchid. The one I found today looks just like Baby Orchid's. I will wash it up and add it to our baby stuff. I wasn't sold on them until we used one. I really do love it. She seems to sleep better, not that it made a difference last night. I don't know if it was the temperature or what. I'm still trying to figure it out. Perhaps she needed the warmer fleece Swaddle Me instead of the lighter one. I also found two sleep sacks for when she is bigger. They enable her to sleep safe without a blanket. I wanted to find a jumper and exer-saucer, but also had no luck. My options were limited. I went to 3 houses this morning while the group was on the field trip. Couldn't do more than three houses. Just when I was on my way home, I ran into Ivy. Turns out she has the two items I was looking for and can use! So excited. Another year of Walleye Festival complete. Back to normal this weekend. I'm not sure about church on Sunday yet. Not sure I'm ready to fly solo with the group. We'll see. One more week at home I think may be in order.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I was so excited to hear that you are already handling things so well with your crew! But do try to take it easy, friend. Especially flying solo! A wiped out Momma is not good for anyone. get everyone huddled and declare it a lazy day! I will be praying for you all as you learn this new baby and get your schedule all rescheduled! :)