Sunday, April 15, 2012

Up at night

It's 4:30 AM and here I am, awake. It started out with a cramp and a trip to the bathroom, then turned into something in my eye, probably an eyelash. This led to hunger and baby movement. I do have a slight sore throat and headache as well.
Good thing we have no plans today. I hope to get through mass, but that is about it. N has other ideas. I think I'll just send him on his merry way. Eight also has ideas of his own, these involve spending some birthday money and Lego Heros.
The end of his birthday was good, I believe. I know he was disappointed not to have a party with his friends. I will try to make it up to him the end of the month. We went to the park and picked up pizza on our way home. They finished the day off with a movie. We were going to Skype with the fam, but it just didn't happen in time. The time change can interfere with that. They are an hour different from us. Most nights, my group needs to get to bed by 8 and they are still getting things done around that time. It's hard to accommodate everyone.
We still haven't figured out a name for this baby girl. I looked up some more recently, but just can't get N sold on the one I really like. We've got 4 varieties we're thinking of I guess. Something will come to us, though I know he wants it picked out before she gets here.
I think we're ready. I sort of feel ready. I guess I feel like I'm missing something, some piece of equipment that I don't have yet. I know I need a baby monitor still, just haven't gotten it yet. I enjoyed having one with the others. We will become aware of what we need once she's here. Orchid is bringing somethings too. At least that was the plan. I don't know how much room they will have since they are all driving together.
So many things coming up in the rest of April and into May. I'm a little nervous to put a new baby into the equation as well. I feel like I have forgotten so many baby things. I know it will all come back to me, but still feel a little nervous. Our three came almost right in a row, it was life as we knew it for those years. With so much time in between, I feel out of practice. Baby Orchid brought some of those thoughts back, but not until a situation presented itself and Orchid called to ask me about something specific. I feel like we used to have so much more baby items and prep time, waiting until the last minute leaves me feeling inadequate and positive there is something I've overlooked.
I do feel better we have a plan for the week. I have an apt on Monday. We'll see if the doc can get things started. It's such a juggling act with these kids. The only apt they could give me was at 11am on Monday. Four is done with preschool only a half hour after. I have to count on other people to make it work. I will bring her to class, then thanks to Bluestar, I won't worry until after my appointment. Bluestar will take her home after preschool. Zinnia told me not to go to my appointment alone. My wonderful neighbor will bring me.
RE will resume that night. I don't think I will be there. N can drop the troops off I guess. We will see how I feel. Tuesday night is the first soccer practice for Six. Still haven't heard from a coach for the other two. Three kids, three practices, could be three different days of the week. I hope the boys are on the same team as some of our friends. Ivy has a good chance of that, but could I be so lucky? There are lots of kids in soccer. Zinnia's JC has practice twice next week! Twice the first week, no thanks. It will be hard enough to get there once. I was surprised. So far, I've never seen anyone have practice twice in one week. Games and practice yes, but not two practices. Kudos to that coach for wanting them to be on top. Six is so excited, I was kind of surprised. He mentioned yesterday how he can't wait for Tuesday. I think we have everyone's shoes and shin guards figured out. Balls, we need to check on balls for practice. Well, my battery is going to die. Guess this is the end of my entry. I should try to get back to sleep anyway.

No comments: