Saturday, April 7, 2012

One egg hunt down, one more to go

We attended an Easter egg hunt at church first this morning. It was great fun for all under 8. Eggs were scattered across the church lawn. Age groups were divided and everyone went for 10 eggs each. Four tripped on a rose bush and scrapped her leg. She recovered quickly fore she had eggs to collect. Cookies and juice followed. We were done after 30 minutes.
I brought them home after, our next egg hunt isn't for an 1 1/2. After inspecting all their eggs, they came up with different games to play. There was lots of talk about magic shows. Not sure what was magic about their play, but everyone was pleased. They discovered sweet tarts are similar to pills. The discussion then went to pretending to be "an old grandpa that needs pills." Once again, everyone was pleased with his or herself. They cracked open their eggs and played outside.
Now, we have one hour until the next egg hunt. If my memory is correct, this one will be even shorter than the first. Our friend ML is coming here after the hunt to play this afternoon. His dad will pick him up later. Should be a nice day.
On the baby front, I'm ready when she is. I'm uncomfortable, but not enough to be in labor. It can't be too much longer. I have an ultra sound appointment Thursday, but I will be surprised if I make it. Hopefully I'll make my dentist appointment on Monday though. We shall see.

No comments: