Monday, April 30, 2012

Cool and rainy

Today's temperatures are not exactly ideal for soccer practice. Good thing we will have to miss as it is our last night of church activities for the kids classes. What a year it's been. It seemed to go by fast due to a late start. We had a rocky beginning with the director part, but figured it out and I think the year went pretty well. Daisy and I had a good time with the first graders. I love that age. We plan to bring Baby Girl there to see the kids tonight. I don't think we will stay for the entire class time. We will see. Bluestar was kind enough to make us a dinner tonight. It will be great not to have to cook. What a day we had! It was my first morning to get everyone out the door on my own. Thankfully, Miss D from next door offered to take Four to preschool. So sweet. They came home with lunch too! Daisy brought over books for me to sign. We are going to give one to each kid in our class tonight. They are the children's copy of "Heaven is for real." The night will be a party for everyone and should be fun. Six has been talking about bringing Baby Girl all weekend. It should be fun. With our discovery of Netflix, Four has grown to love "Cake Boss." We haven't had cable for many years. We got N a Roku and now we get Neflix on our TV. Needless to say, it will be sad the day we run out of "Cake Boss" episodes. She knows all the bakers by name and remembers things about them from various episodes. Zinnia picked up waffles and eggs for us today. Normally, I make eggs every morning for the kids. It's just a habit I started when Eight was in kindergarten. The school day is so long. It's awhile for first graders to eat lunch and I wanted to be sure they weren't starving before lunch. The past few weeks, I have not been able to produce eggs every morning. I've had to turn to waffles and cereal. It took them a little while to agree and get used to cereal. They enjoyed picking out cereal on sale at the store. It was handy to have a giant box in the freezer, waffles ready when we need them. I've got a list for the store this week, it's pretty small. I scheduled an appointment with Lavender to get my hair cut and highlighted. I've never had someone do it before. It takes around 2 hours. I hope it goes well with the baby. We will see. So much is coming up in the month of May. I'm looking forward to doing something for myself. I've got two cold sores today. Not good. It's hard to balance the baby, sleep and the other kids. It's a work in progress. She will sleep better, hopefully sooner than later. We will continue to get on the right track. Daisy was so helpful today. She striped the beds in Four's room, cleaned my microwave and got the dust off of my TV. She insisted on doing some jobs for me. What I really want is for N to get the filter in the shop vac and get the grass out of our van. It's terrible and drives me crazy every time I get in the van. Plus, it's been a week! Boys are hope, moods are positive and spirits are high! Should be a wonderful night!

No comments: