Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Wednesday of prayer, appointments and a little fun

My day started out with prayer. What better way to start your day? The two family members who had surgery today are doing well. In pain, but very well. Both turned out to be better than expected. On one hand, the surgery was hours less than expected. The other, results we can live with. So much to be thankful for. Tonight when we prayed as a family, the kids each took turns praying specifically for these family members. Then the questions came. How to simplify surgeries to kids? I think we did alright. They seemed content with our answers, right up until Six asked if the baby was coming out of my belly button. Time for bed!
I was tired this morning. Last night, I felt on the verge of a migraine. I am thankful for Tylenol and Phennegren. The combination of these two help me eliminate the migraine during pregnancy and are safe medications. My other option is Vicodin, not totally safe and can be habit forming. So far no worries of that here. It is rare for me to take.
N took Four to preschool. This gave me the ability to take my time this morning, clean up the kitchen, take a shower, no rushing through activities. We went to pick Four up from preschool feeling refreshed and great. She had a lunch date with her classmates at McDonald's today. Not my favorite food choice, but the girls wanted to have lunch and it was a moms suggestion. We followed and had a great time. N drove us and came too. He was the only dad and did run an errand for ham from the meat market across the street during that time. When lunch and visiting were over, it was off to the dentist for me. I never used to mind the dentist, but the last few years it's a task I'd rather skip. N, being as great as he is, took Four to the grocery store and did all the shopping for us this week. This only made sense if we all went together. He isn't a big fan of waiting rooms and quickly agreed to get things done. I hate driving to things by myself. I think it's just the way I feel during the pregnancy. In truth, I'd rather not drive at all. I don't mind picking the kids up from school, but MI drivers are so aggressive and fast. The passenger seat is the place for me.
We were home in time to unload the groceries and I picked the boys up from school. Four has been in love with Barbies since our return form holiday break. She got new Barbies, pets and furniture. She's turned the doll house shelf we got for her into a dream Barbie house. She played in her room all afternoon.
The weather was so nice today, we decided we better get out and enjoy it. The boys grabbed balls, gloves and bats, we headed out to the park. We played baseball as a family and had a blast. It was near dark, I gathered the belongings while they hit the playground with N.
We loaded up and headed to Pizza Hut to use Six's Book it coupon. It expires this week. Tonight was a great night to venture out for pizza. When we got there, she seated us next to a TV with cartoons. My kids sat their and didn't move but to chew. This was the quietest they have been during meal time all week. Eventually they took their eyes off the TV and we had a nice time. When the bill came, N told them they each owed him $7 for their meal. Can't get anything past Six, he said "Not me, mine was free!" Right he was, but he did owe his dad $1 for his chocolate milk. We all laughed and headed on our way. They were able to have an hour of play when we got home. This pleased them very much. It turned into more than an hour when I made a couple phone calls during that time. Bedtime was then at 9, much later than I planned for. Hopefully we don't suffer tomorrow. Seven will be fine. Four can sleep in with no preschool. It's Six that is the wild card. We'll see how we do.

No comments: