Saturday, January 28, 2012

Back in the saddle

I think we're back on track! Today, being Saturday was pretty casual. Church tomorrow and we will have quite a bit of homework to accomplish. Got my snacks made for cookies after mass. I love that part of the week. I love it even more now that I have met more members of our parish. My only regret or disappointment is that N can no longer come with us to church. He works Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings. New year changes can be difficult. I am thankful that was the only change. Other years his day off changed or the hours on many days were different, leaving me trying to figure it all out.
We had ice cream at Burger King today with Nw Moon and her family. Top secret business was discussed while the kids played.
We then traveled to Zinnia's where she kindly reminded me to bring treats tomorrow. I had forgotten. Thankfully, I have her to keep me on task. I brought my ingredients to her house and made my treats there. We did have some trouble with the things we made, but had a good time in the process. The kids were excellent. They usually play very well together, but today we hardly heard from them. They haven't seen each other in over a week, maybe that had something to do with it.
Happy to report things are much better with Baby Orchid. She got to go home and was smiling, acting like her happy little self again. Relief to her parents and all who love her. She is a treasure to our family.
The troops were in bed slightly later than I would have liked, but I shouldn't complain. They all fell asleep right away. Seven sounds better, his antibiotics are clearing his head. Six is still a little pistol, determined things should go his way. He's getting back in check with his attitude as the days go by. I am sure he will be in school mode this week. I fear what the summer months will bring. I may need Mrs. L on speed dial. Four too is back to normal and enjoyed playing with her friends today. I love seeing her and Zinnia's oldest outside on the swings together. They sit by each other, Four seems to just enjoy being my E. E is a good role model for Four.
I am so eager to get back to card making! We haven't had any nights of making cards since before Christmas. I'm anxious to work on some projects, including getting ready for this baby. Somehow, I need to pass my motivation on to N. He's not so eager to get ready. We've done nothing so far. It will be here before we know it. Gotta have somethings figured out. It's a challenge since we've parted with all our baby items. We still have our crib, but need a mattress. Orchid gave me a bag of clothing, but I need somewhere for it all to go. Hopefully February brings some much needed progress to our household.

No comments: