Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weakness comes from illness or time?

Since we have not been ill for so long, I think I have grown weak to playing nurse. Is it wrong to just wish for healthy kids right away and not want to put up with illness for more than 3 days? I guess this virus is going around. I heard it lasts around 3 days. I pray this is the last day for Seven. I really hoped he would wake up today, ready to go and be back to his normal self. Not so lucky. One more day of laying low and maybe he'll be healthy. I was up with him last night. Once I got him settled, it took me more than 2 hours to get myself settled. My own fault I guess. So many thoughts and ideas went through my mind.
We've brought up the subject of buying a house in MI. It's been brought up before, but no research or real ideas, just talk. Things seem a little different this time around. He's talked to the bank. He's calculated numbers. We will see where it takes us, but these were the cause of my thoughts in the middle of the night. My own calculations as to when would be the best time/deadline. We've got some big events coming up in the spring. How will we add moving to them? We've done it before and are sort of pros. Although we may be out of practice. We will have lived in this house for 3 years in April.
I feel so eager to buy a house and get settled. While some of it still scares me, I like the idea of feeling grounded. All our moving in the last 5 years has given me such a temporary feeling. I know it's had an impact on our kids as well. Seven once asked me if I thought we would still live here when he is in 3rd grade. I believe he was only 5 when he asked me that question. It's been so long since we've had a place of our own.
We looked at listings. Some are more ideal than others. Once again, we shall see where it takes us.
We head out of town tomorrow. Have to pack and get organized. Hopefully they will all be healthy and we'll have a great time. Better get myself going. Lots of prep work to be done for the great week ahead!

No comments: