Friday, January 20, 2012

Has illness found it's way to our house?

Last night was not the best at our house. Four woke up cold some time after 2am. I let her come and sleep next to me. She didn't really fall asleep for awhile and was awake on and off until 4:30. What is up with that? I am not sure why she had such a hard time going back to sleep. Anxiety for preschool? I have no clue. Finally, close to 5am I made her take a bath. I warmed her up, put a heater in her room and knocked her out with warmth. She slept until after 8am.
Just when I got her figured out, around 5:20 Seven was coughing. I brought him some water. Went back to my bed, only to hear him get up and use the bathroom. Then I hear voices. Yup. Six and Seven are up. I tell them to go back to sleep, they can't come out until 7. Naturally, I fall into a deep sleep not hearing anything until the 7:15 mark. I get up, both boys are up. N gets up and makes them breakfast. It was quite the morning. We were slightly late for the bake sale. Not really, but we are usually the first ones there on bake sale days, not the last.
It all set me off course. The bake sale was good. Everyone got to pick 4 treats and all seemed happy. I helped out with parent centers during Seven's class after lunch. Poor Seven, I could tell he was a little off. He came to the hallway with me first to work on the lesson. He didn't like the one we started with so we switched. He was still not quite on top of his game. He looked a little pale. Eventually, he came into the hallway crying. Poor boy. I brought both boys home early from school. I just didn't want to take kids back out to get Six, especially when one is ill.
We brought them home. Little sis was still going like the energizer bunny. I was surprised. I thought for sure she'd be exhausted after an extended day of preschool.
Seven took a bath and went to his bed for 30 minutes. After some rest, I let him get up and play. I think he feels better. I know he wasn't 100%. It was reflected in his math test from today. I feel bad he wasn't more well rested. We were in bed on time last night, but rushed to get there. We had play date plans for tonight, but I think it best for us to stay home. It's quite cold, not as cold in MN, but still cold. With the busy week ahead, I really don't want any sick people. If they relax and play tonight, we can all go to bed early. Four is in the tub now and will get her pj's on early. Six will be the last who needs a bath.
Praying once again for no illness among ourselves, friends and family on this chilly January day.

No comments: