Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's raining snow

Brought lunch to the boys today. They love when we come. I don't like waiting until the end of the week. So many parents go, the tables are crowded. We went last week with McDonald's for a treat. Hate to repeat that habit weekly. A simple solution is mac and cheese and chicken nuggets from home. I usually bring a veggie too, but ran out of time this morning. Boys were happy. Poor Six, sometimes his food is cold. His lunch is after Seven's and the food cools off too fast. My solution today was to pack each lunch separate. I have a hot pack to carry the mac and cheese, but was at a loss with how to bring the nuggets warm. Luckily Zinnia was over for coffee and guided me to a brilliant plan. I put the nuggets into coffee thermos'. Separate for each boy and they stayed nice and hot. You should have seen their faces when I told them that is where their nuggets were. Happy kids, happy mom. Another successful lunch at school.
The weather is not the greatest today. What was rain has turned to snow. I'm sure the roads will be great. I will still pick them up today, as I didn't yesterday. Good thing we live close to the school. Lasagna and apple pie tonight, both Four's ideas. No plans tonight, will be nice to have everyone home and not have to run out in the snow.

No comments: