Friday, January 27, 2012

Prayers for Baby Orchid

My poor little sis had to watch her baby experience pain and discomfort today. It was a planned surgery. The situation is something that is easier to fix now rather than later. My understanding is this should be it. Still, it is so hard to watch your kids experience any kind of pain or discomfort. It's especailly hard when they don't understand and can't communicate their feelings to you. She's so little. I am thankful my parents were there to be with my sister and her husband during this time. Situations like these are even more difficult alone, believe me, I know. We haven't had a child in surgery, but when they took Four off to the NICU, I was nervous. You just never know what hand God will give you after your baby is born.
Baby Orchid should be doing much better by tomorrow. So happy to hear that. I hope the night isn't too long for her parents, but I am sure it will be. This too shall pass.
We're on the end of illness around here. Seven went back to school today. I think he was a little tired, but felt much better. Six and Four stayed home. Six had a fever in the wee hours of the morning, but was himself by breakfast. Four could have gone to preschool, she had been fever free for 24 hrs, but was too tired to get moving so soon in the morning. All will be back to schedule next Monday.
With slightly more sleep last night, I felt better today. A head cold is taking it's toll on me. I didn't do much today and it showed in our house. After an outing for groceries in town and to pick up Seven, everyone pitched in and we got the house up to Paar. Bedtime was a little questionable, but tomorrow is another day.

No comments: