Thursday, January 19, 2012

Keeping it all straight

Oh how dependent I am on my calender these days! Daisy asked me to pick up her Six after school. I was sure I could do it, but hesitant to say yes fore I knew there were things I had committed to on that day. I almost called N to read the calendar to me. Good thing my memory came to me after a few minutes. The kids are excited for him to come home with us today. He's such a nice boy.
First grade bake sale tomorrow! Kids are so excited. Got some cookies baked this morning and plan to try a new recipe as well. We have the baptismal potluck tonight at Fr. B's. Looking forward to that! I'm bringing cheesy potatoes and chocolate chip cookies. Zinnia said she'd take the group. We will drop them off, along with dinner.
Tomorrow will be full. Luckily, Four will be at lunch bunch and I won't have to worry too much about her. Yesterday, I did keep track of my phone while she was still at preschool. She seems so big, yet sometimes little. She's growing so fast and knows so much. Once again, I am thankful to have her home with me this year.
I get to help in Seven's classroom tomorrow after noon. Haven't helped out in that room besides the Halloween party. Seven is excited. He's such a big boy. He still wants hugs and kisses though, which I am happy to give. He isn't embarrassed even at school yet. I worry about him worrying about things he shouldn't be worried about. He takes on more in his little mind than I realize. He's always aware of my emotions and feelings. I find him thanking me more for the little things these days. It's sweet and good to know he realizes how small things can still be a lot of work for me.
Six is still driving me crazy with wanting help getting dressed. He can do it all himself, but wants the attention I guess. He wants to be as fast as possible and is convinced he needs assistance to get the speed. I told him for every time I help him, he owes me a book. He was pleased with that arrangement. So far, he only owes me one book. He wants to read it to the baby.
We brought the Plateau home yesterday. Everyone wanted to know what we are going to do with it. I told them they could play farm with their tractors and other animals. This was a happy suggestion, but Six wants a desert too. Well, luckily Zinnia's E made a desert. Perhaps they can bring it over when they come to play on Saturday. We have lots of farm vehicles and supplies to go around.
Sunday we will go to church and then the kids and I have to pack. Monday, we're going on a mini getaway. Not far, but to stay in a hotel for a few nights in a MI town we've never been to. N will go to class at the airport. The kids and I will stay at the hotel, swim and do some school work. It should be fun. The teachers have gotten together some material for us they will send home on Friday. I have some ideas of my own as well. We decided to take advantage of the opportunity. Life as we know it will be quite different once April comes. We won't be going on any adventures for spring break this year. There isn't school on Monday. They will all return to class on Friday. Should be a great time. I hope Sunflower or some of the other relatives will be able to stop by and visit us. We'll see.
Not many appointments scheduled for February, yet. They will come soon enough. I will once again, be dependent on my calendar to keep it all straight. Where we are supposed to be and when can be challenging. Off to see the baby doc today! A little nervous as I know another three hour sugar test is in my near future. They are no fun and seem to take all day. Still need to come up with a name for this baby girl. We don't really have any ideas. The middle name I believe is nailed down, but that was easy. Haven't even started to prepare things for her either. Still need to acquire baby supplies. We've gotten rid of almost everything. We have a swing, but it's missing a foot. Have to order another from Fisher Price. Getting the area for her baby items will be my first step. Everything else will come. I did have a nightmare about the Walleye Festival being now instead of in April. You'd think that would reassure me as I could find all the baby stuff I need at that time. Too bad it will be too late. Whatever I will need, I am certain my good friends will go in search of baby items for me if I am unable.
Thursday continues with a positive outlook, happy people and so far, everything running smoothly.

No comments: