Sunday, March 27, 2011

Two out of Three

What kind of odds do you think they are? Sometimes, two out of three can be positive. Not when it comes to illness. After how terrible I felt the last few days, I really prayed no one would get it. Last night, two out of three kids were awake with stomach pain. Three had a slight temp. Fear from my experience kept me up, right by their side anytime they thought they were ready to toss their cookies. No one did. Made for a rough night still due to much interrupted sleep. Three is still asleep as I type. She was not up as much as Six. I believe we will stay home this morning. They do not seem to have what I had, but still, with a week of school ahead, we will lay low today.
Illness can be such a guessing game for moms. We learn what certain cues mean and how to treat accordingly. I try to avoid the Dr. as much as we can. We have done really well this past year, only going in once for illness. It seems in the infant and toddler years we were at the Dr. frequently. So thankful for growing, healthy kids.

No comments: