Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday is Sonntag

We made it through our slumber party weekend. I was concerned how it would be getting all six fed, clean and out the door in time for church. We had a flawless morning! Everyone got up early, but not too early. Little Miss A is so on schedule, she dressed right away and wanted some curls in her hair. That led to other wanting their hair done too. N served breakfast while I started laundry and cleaned up rooms. We washed all our guests clothing and sent them home clean. J helped me sweep the kitchen. We got the beds put away and my kids rooms looking normal again. Everyone enjoyed the cinnamon rolls.
Father Rick told us as we left "Thanks for coming out today. It's always great to see the kids." Don't know if we looked so out of place with 6 kids and two parents. We usually go with them, but maybe the missing mom was a sign. Anyway, I thought it was ironic that he said that to us. We could have very well stayed home with the extra work, but I really wanted to go. It makes our week so much better. The morning flew by. Since everyone was so good, N said we could stop at the movie store. Everyone picked out a movie. Sent the three home with their own movies for the week.
N picked up Chinese for us. What a treat that was. Moo Shu Pork. I told him whatever he got, it had to have lots of vegetables in it so others wouldn't want any. It was great until I spilled a coke all over the counter top. Didn't want to drink coke anyway on account of the sugar. Solved that problem unintentionally.
So, back to normal. Get ready for the week ahead. The boys have to read. They skipped Friday. I am sure they have homework too. We just ignored it due to all the excitement.
Exciting news coming our way on Monday! Auntie J and Uncle T find out what kind of a baby they are going to get. I may be just as excited as they are. You wouldn't believe how many times their baby has crossed my mind. Can't wait to meet him or her. Just wish we were across town like we used to be. Looking forward to our trip to MN in April. I started looking into baby shower games. My neighbor is giving two showers in the near future. She started my wheels turning with the game topic. I haven't hosted a shower since 2006. I want to make a diaper cake. They are fun and cute. If you have any ideas for me, let me know. So many great things to look forward to in the next two months. When you're up, you're up!

No comments: